New Norway School is extremely proud of the outstanding accomplishments of our athletes and coaches. Our high school athletics program continues to set the bar for others to challenge.
Thank you for your continued support!
- COACHES - To all of our dedicated coaches, we say “Thanks!” Your dedication and expertise are second to none. Truly, we could not have done it without you.
- ATHLETES - You have once again proven that you are among the elite of this province. Thank you for your outstanding efforts. You are the best!
- SUPPORTERS - Our sincere thanks for all that you have done. The support of this community is the envy of all. You continue to assist us in countless ways. Thank you from all of us.
- New Norway Staff - It is simply not possible to adequately express our appreciation. Your patience and support allow us to be the best that we can be. Our hats are off to you.
- ALUMNI - As each year comes to a close, we bid a very fond farewell to our graduating athletes. There is no way to put into words, our appreciation for all that you have been to the New Norway Athletic Program. You have carried our name with pride and dignity to all corners of our province. You have represented our school with class wherever you have been. Your names will be proudly displayed on our walls for those who follow. Throughout your years “Spartan Pride” has echoed throughout Alberta. You have been wonderful ambassadors for our school and community. You leave a proud legacy of success and sportsmanship. You will be greatly missed. Come home often.
Grade 12's honoured with Lights On!
Be A Light
Good morning,Here is something being done around Alberta. #BEALIGHTALBERTA
Years of skill development, physical training,and practice in leadership should have culminated in a championship or other monumental event. But, spring sports didn’t end the way anyone thought they would. Students in grade 10 and 11 can have another chance to hone their skills on their school team next year, but grade 12 students are moving forward in a different way.
We want to let grade 12 students in Alberta know that we see them. Although the lights may have been turned off on their season, the skills they’ve developed as athletes and as leaders will continue to shine bright into their next journey.
We joined in the illumination of playing fields and gymnasiums around the province, on Monday May 4th, as a tribute to grade 12 student athletes.
Here is a link to the video clip (mp4) produced at NNS: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pBjWxRtwuf82JMuZGfg01LC4RVV-9vBX/view?ts=5eb1a370